CEM Holds Seminar on Electricity Supply Application Procedures and Power Demand Increase for Industries

12 December 2013, Macau

CEM recently held a seminar at CEM Building to introduce the electricity supply application procedures and to hear opinion from the industries. The invited associations included the Macau Association of Building Contractors and Developers, the Macau Construction Association and the Macau Electromechanics Professionals Association, drawing nearly 50 attendees. Ryan Chio, CEM Customer Services Department Metering Service Management Engineer and Chris Chao, Network Planning, Design and Construction Department Senior Engineer introduced the “Electricity Supply Application Procedures” and the “Increase of Power Subscribed Demand” respectively.

Ryan Chio introduced the application procedures for electricity supply with details and provided the reference specifications of electric wires, meter boards and meter boxes. In addition, electrical contractors can make preliminary preparations if they want to expedite the application process. For example, launching a consultation before application, submitting the formal application form and applying for the license to use power devices from the Land, Public Works and Transport Bureau after securing the approval, attaching the location plan with the application form, paying attention to the expiry date of the license, notifying CEM for examination and the arrangement of electronic meter installation upon the completion of the construction.

Chris Chao said that as many restaurants have switched from cooking with gas to electricity in recent years, number of application for increase of subscribed demand has risen year-on-year. CEM received over 5,000 such applications in 2012, among which 99% applications were processed successfully. The remaining 1% of applications is undergoing evaluation at present due to the network improvement. As of October 2013, the number of related applications reached 4,500. CEM found in the study that the requested subscribed demand of power supply exceeded the actual needs. Therefore, CEM will analyze the historic data based on past experiences, make estimates according to the IEC international standards and study the consumption of the power devices and compare it with the on-site measuring records during the summer peak to decide the power supply needed for each application. CEM suggests the customers to consult or submit applications to the company before construction if electricity supply increase is needed, so as to avoid delays due to improper installation of power devices. The customers should prepare the area of the unit, power equipment list, floor plan and single line drawing of power system and other documents for approval when submitting applications.

A Q&A session was arranged during the seminar and it received encouraging response. CEM’s management Iun Iok Meng, Advisor to the Executive Committee; Keegan Cheang, Senior Manager of Customer Services Department; and Wanda Clemente, Senior Manager of Network Planning, Design and Construction Department answered the questions of attendees. Association leaders including Chum Pak Tak, Standing Director of Macau Association of Building Contractors and Developers; Andy Tam, Standing Director of Macau Construction Association; Cheang Io Tung, Chairman of the Macau Electromechanics Professionals Association, were present at the meeting. They expressed their gratitude to CEM for holding the seminar to let the industries familiarize the application procedures, raise their questions as well as provide suggestions.

Download CEM APP
google pay app store
© 2024 Companhia de Electricidade de Macau - CEM, S.A. All rights reserved.
CEM Website Terms of Use | Personal Data Collection Statement | Stay alert for phishing