Companhia de Electricidade de Macau – CEM. S.A.
Youth Committee of Macao Federation of Trade Unions
Macao Youth Federation
|Beneficiary:||Macau Alzheimer’s Disease Association (MADA)|
|Objectives:||Rummikub is for all ages, which can train players’ brains to delay cognitive decline and prevent dementia. CEM hopes to hold the “Rummikub Competition” to arouse the community’s attention to dementia, improve the public’s understanding of dementia and care about those people’s needs.|
All the proceeds without deduction of expenses will be donated to the beneficiary.
- Middle School Group: Students of Form 1 to Form 6
- Open Group: Macau residents aged 18 or above
(All nationalities are welcome)
|Awards and prizes:||Middle School Group:|
Champion (1 winner): MOP2,000 and a trophy
1st runner-up (1 winner): MOP1,500 and a trophy
2nd runner-up (1 winner): MOP1,000 and a trophy
Merit Award (5 winners): MOP500
Champion (1 winner): MOP3,000 and a trophy
1st runner-up (1 winner): MOP2,000 and a trophy
2nd runner-up (1 winner): MOP1,500 and a trophy
Merit Award (5 winners): MOP1,000
|No. of participants:|
- Middle School Group: Each school can register up to 2 teams, with each team containing 4 students. All teams’ competition must be led by a teacher. Up to 40 teams will be competing in this category. In case over enrollment is received, one team per school will be counted in first, with the first team submitted in enrollment form the priority, the remaining teams’ selection will be done via a draw.
- Open Group: 160 people (If the number of enrollments exceed the quota, participants will be drawn randomly by computer.)
|Competition venue:||Macau Fisherman’s Wharf Convention and Exhibition Centre|
|Competition fee:||MOP100 per participant (Middle School Group and seniors aged 65 or above will be sponsored by CEM)|
(All the proceeds will be donated to the beneficiary.)
|Enrollment deadline:||23 September 2022, 23:59 (Friday)|
|Admission announcement:||To be published on 27 September 2022 (Tuesday) on CEM Facebook fan page. Participants will be notified individually by SMS.|
All competitions will be using Rummikub Original edition. Competitions of each group will contain preliminary, semi-final and final.
Download competition rules of “Middle School Group”
Download competition rules of “Open Group”
|Competition date:||Middle School Group: 15 October 2022 (Saturday) morning|
Open Group: 15 October 2022 (Saturday) afternoon
- CEM employees and their direct family members are not eligible to participate in the competition, while their children can participate via their schools;
- Prior to enrollment, all entrants are required to read the guidelines and competition rules carefully, and abide by all the rules;
- Admitted participants must pay a competition fee of MOP100 within the specified time period (Middle School Group will be sponsored by CEM). They can choose to pay with cash at CEM Building or CEM Taipa Customer Service Centre, or transfer the competition fee to the designated bank account. Participants who pay via bank transfer must notify CEM by replying to the email before the deadline, otherwise their admission quota will be cancelled, and no refund will be given;
- If the admitted participant fails to pay the competition fee within the specified time period, the admission quota will be cancelled and filled by a reserve player;
- If the admitted participant has paid the competition fee, but he/she is unable to attend the competition on the day, no refund will be given;
- Once the enrollment form is submitted, the participant cannot be changed;
- If the number of enrollments exceed the quota, participants will be drawn by a random computer process;
- Brand-new Rummikub Original games will be used in the competition, which can be purchased at half price at the venue after completing the full-day competition (limit one purchase per person, first come first served). All the proceeds will be donated to the beneficiary;
- The competition will be cancelled under the condition of Typhoon Signal no. 8 or above, or black rainstorm warning signal. The competition will be rescheduled with dates notified in due course;
- The collection of the personal data of the participants is only used for this competition and related follow-up purposes, and to ensure compliance with the provisions of Law no. 8/2005 “Personal Data Protection Law”;
- In case of any defects regarding the rules, CEM has the right to make necessary amendments without prior notice;
- In case of any disputes, CEM reserves the right to make the final decision.
|Inquiry:||Please visit CEM Website, Facebook fan page, CEM WeChat or call Ms. Cheong at 8393 1204.|
Click the following links to the online enrollment forms.
Middle School Group