Public Charging Tariff
Tariff for Electric Means of Transport  is applicable to electricity supplied by medium or low voltage and used for charging of electric means of transport.
According to the power consumption characteristics of electric means of transport, the tariff is classified into Public Charging Tariff and General Charging Tariff.
Low voltage (LV): 230/400 V
Medium voltage (MV): 11,000 V
Public Charging Tariff is applicable to the charging facilities set up by CEM in public car parks and public parking spaces. Based on the rated output power of the charging facilities, Public Charging Tariff is charged according to "time-of-use" and "charging duration".
Public Charging Tariff is charged per each charging transaction and is calculated based on the following items:
Subscribed Demand (in unit of kVA)
The rated maximum output power of the charging facilities selected by user.
Consumption (in unit of kWh)
Total units of electricity consumed during the charging period.
Tariff Clause Adjustment
Adjustment in tariff to reflect fluctuation in energy production cost that is fixed quarterly.
|Rated Output Power||Tariff Periods||Time||Subscribed Demand|
(Up to 7.4 kW)
|23:00 - 09:00||0.00||1.420|
|09:00 - 23:00||0.00||2.150|
(Above 7.4 kW to 25 kW)
|First period||Within the first 60 minutes||0.00||3.430|
(Above 25 kW)
|First period||Within the first 30 minutes||0.00||3.830|
Charging fee = Demand + Energy charged (kWh) x (Consumption + TCA)
Generally, the battery capacity of electric vehicles (EVs) on the market is about 80 kWh. If it is charged from a remaining power level of 20% to 80%, 48 kWh is required to be charged. The following are the costs at different charging speeds and time periods. No matter which one is selected, it is cheaper than fuel.
|Charging Speed||Charging period||Time required||Charging fee |
|Slow Charge||Low-load hours||Approx.7 hours||48 kWh x ($1.420+$0.400) = $87.36|
|Full-load hours||48 kWhx ($2.150+$0.400) = $122.40|
|Medium Charge||First 60 minutes: 14.5 kWh|
Afterwards: 33.5 kWh
|Approx. 2.5 hours||First 60 minutes:14.5 kWh x ($3.430+$0.400) =$55.54|
Afterwards：33.5 kWh x ($3.940+$0.400) = $145.39
|Quick Charge||First 30 minutes: 14.7 kWh|
Afterwards: 33.3 kWh
|Approx. 1.5 hours||First 30 minutes:14.7 kWh x ($3.830+$0.400) = $62.18|
Afterwards：33.3 kWh x($4.400+$0.400) = $159.84
- Based on the oil price in June 2022, which is MOP 13.32/liter (including discounts).
- TCA in Q3 of 2022 is MOP 0.400.
- The energy charged for the first period of quick and medium speed is 30%, while 70% for the subsequent period.
- Slow charge is calculated at complete full-load hours and low-load hours, while private charging is calculated by charging 10 times a month (once every 3 days), with 20 kWh per charge.
- Considering the differences in model, battery status, charging rate and charging mode of EVs, the calculation results are for reference only. The actual cost is subject to the actual charging conditions.