During typhoon period, citizens should pay close attention to storm surge warnings issued by the Macao Meteorological and Geophysical Bureau (SMG) and the latest news posted on CEM Facebook and WeChat, and take the following measures to prepare for typhoons.
- Do not park your vehicle in underground car park or areas that may be affected by flooding;
- The building’s power system may be suspended due to flooding. Do not take elevator;
- Do not go to flooding areas and low-lying areas as a surge of seawater will flood into the land within a short period of time, resulting in a sharp rise in water level;
- Stay in a safe place or go to higher ground. Stay away from low-lying areas such as basements or underground car parks;
- Citizens should stay at home during typhoon. To avoid danger, do not go wind or wave watching.
Electricity Safety & Household Protection
- Prepare an eco-friendly rechargeable or hand crank flashlight;
- Do not place appliances near windows, so as to prevent damage caused by rainwater;
- Do not touch any soaked power facilities;
- Ensure an alternative power supply or a contingency arrangement if there is any electrical life support equipment in your house;
- Turn off the main switchboard immediately if there is flooding occurred indoor.
- Apply tapes on the windows in “米” shape, to prevent glass from cracking;
- Check the condition of windows and doors and repair immediately if they are damaged;
- Stay away from windows to prevent from injuriesy in case they arecaused by broken loose window and crackedshattered pieces;
- Remove items from the balcony which can beare easily blown down or dropped by strong winds, such as flower pots and hanging sticks.
Building & Merchant
- “Raise” the electrical appliances and goods if possible to reduce damage from flooding;
- If seawater intrusion is actively occurring in the area, you can use cement to seal some of the floor drains and install a water barrier.
- Building management firm should hold the elevator stationary at 1st floor instead of ground floor to avoid flood damage;
- Better turn off the main switchboard if running electrical appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. is not necessary;
- Be fully prepared in advance if you are in a low-lying area, and avoid staying inside the store when the storm strikes;
- Should the installation be affected by flooding, hire a professional to check whether it can function properly before usage
In case of power incidents, customers can report to us via this link: https://bit.ly/2pb4Eya.