As a provider of an essential service for the development of Macau and the well-being of its population, CEM is aware of its specific responsibilities and dedicated to carrying out its activities in a sustainable way, with full respect for the legitimate expectations of all interested parties.
Therefore, CEM established and maintained an Integrated Management System in conformity with applicable laws, regulations, and international standards as well as other requirements to which it may proactively subscribe. The Integrated Management System provides the framework for setting and reviewing objectives and targets in the Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality areas.
CEM is committed to:
- Continuously and efficiently reducing the impact of its activities on the environment, enhancing the quality of its products and services, and improving safety and health conditions;
- Adopting industry good practices in order to minimize environmental impacts and achieving the highest safety, health and quality standards;
- Seeking to minimize environmental loads by efficiently using resources, saving energy, reducing waste, encouraging material recycling, embracing green purchasing practices, and particularly by minimizing emissions of greenhouse gases, ozone-depleting substances, and toxic matter;
- Developing internally an Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality culture by raising awareness, educating and training employees to carry out their activities in a responsible manner;
- Promoting awareness in the same areas amongst customers, contractors, suppliers and Macau society;
- Improving communication with customers, the general public and other interested parties, for mutual benefit, as a way of enhancing the ability of all to create value;
- Dealing with strategic, financial and operational risks in a consistent, structured and value-added way by identifying, analyzing, evaluating, controlling and reviewing business risks in a sustainable manner to ensure that we can regain operational capability and continue to deliver our critical services when faced with an emergency;
- Making wide-ranging social contributions in close partnership with local communities by disclosing Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality performance related information on regular basis.