Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (S.H.E.Q.) Policy
CEM established and maintained an Integrated Management System in conformity with applicable laws, regulations and international standards. The Integrated Management System provides the framework for setting and reviewing objectives and targets in the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality areas.
CEM is committed to:
- Continuously and efficiently reducing the impact of its activities on the environment, enhancing the quality of its products and services, and improving safety and health conditions by minimizing as much as possible hazards in the workplace and all occupational health and safety risks;
- Complying with all applicable legislation and regulations as well as other requirements to which it may proactively subscribe;
- Applying the best available sustainable technologies to minimize environmental impacts, achieving the highest safety, health and quality standards and striving for continual improvement in S.H.E.Q. areas;
- Developing internally a S.H.E.Q. culture by raising awareness, educating and training employees to carry out their activities in a responsible manner, while at the same time requiring consultation and participation of employees (and where they exist, employees’ representatives) in occupational health and safety matters;
- Seeking to minimize environmental loads by efficiently using resources, saving energy, reducing waste, encouraging material recycling, embracing green purchasing practices, and particularly by minimizing emissions of greenhouse gases, ozone-depleting substances, and toxic matter;
- Promoting awareness in the same areas amongst customers, contractors, suppliers and Macao society;
- Improving communication with customers, the public and other interested parties, for mutual benefit, as a way of enhancing the ability of all to create value;
- Seeking to deal with strategic, financial and operational risks in a consistent, structured and value-added way by identifying, analyzing, evaluating, controlling and reviewing business risks in a sustainable manner;
- Making wide-ranging social contributions in close partnership with local communities by disclosing S.H.E.Q. performance related information on regular basis.