The world is changing at a swift pace in all aspects. In the past two decades, sustainable development has been transforming from initiative to be promoted, to a mandatory requirement and obligation for the continuous success of any business. As a utility company and a major player in Macau, CEM has a significant role in the development of the city. This way, we are deeply committed to carrying out our activities in a sustainable way, following closely our Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policy.
CEM adopted international management standards that provide sound principles for effective management and corporate governance. This will ensure the compliance of sustainable development in our Company. So far, CEM has been certified with the following international standards:
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, since 2003
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System, since 2006
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System, since 2007
- ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gases Management System, since 2010
- ISO 20000 IT Service Management System, since 2013